Summary: More than 20 email clients save their email data in MBOX files, which are the most used file types. Many people search for an alternative file format that can save their whole mailbox contents because it can only store email files. Outlook PST takes the stage at that point. When storing mailbox data with a password protection feature, which ensures data security, this file format works best. We will now provide the tried-and-true manual approach for importing MBOX files to Outlook PST in a simple and hassle-free manner. Nevertheless, you can attempt to utilise the automatic MBOX to PST Converter for Windows to quicken the conversion operation. Let’s first take a brief look at the factors that contributed to this conversion.
Motivation For Converting MBOX to PST
The following are typical explanations for why MBOX files are converted to PST files:
- While PST files hold mailbox contents like emails, contacts, tasks, calendars, and more, MBOX files just store email messages.
- PST files are far more secure than MBOX files.
- Because Thunderbird lacks a spam filter, users of Thunderbird MBOX frequently experience security problems.
- Users must convert MBOX to PST to open MBOX files in Outlook, as Microsoft Outlook does not accept MBOX files that are inactive.
Let’s go to the solution section after reviewing the causes.
How Can MBOX Files Be Freely Converted to PST?
There are two easy ways to import MBOX files into Outlook PST.
The first is a manual solution that might be challenging to apply in real-world situations. It is advised to seek a professional remedy because of this. Let’s begin one by one, then.
1. Manual Method for Converting MBOX to PST
To manually complete this conversion procedure, follow these instructions.
- Open Windows Mail and bring in your MBOX file.
- Navigate to your Gmail account’s settings and turn on the IMAP feature.
- Use the IMAP option as the incoming server and add the account in Windows Mail.
- Here, move the MBOX data into Gmail that has been set up in Windows Mail.
- Create an MS Outlook account now.
- Sync it with the same email address.
- Lastly, get your Outlook-configured data from Gmail.
Examine the following drawbacks before making your final decision to ensure that the approach you are selecting is the best one for you:.
Cons of Using the Native Solution
- Implementing this method is challenging and complex.
- MBOX files cannot be mass-transferred to PST.
- There is no responsibility for preserving the original data hierarchy.
- Duplicate emails cannot be removed by the user when setting up a Gmail account to sync with Outlook.
- The manual technique has several drawbacks, which makes it rather problematic to implement.
- We have developed the finest automated technique to remove this and speed up the conversion procedure overall.
Software Solution to Open/Add Multiple MBOX Files to MS Outlook
The most well-known method for opening or Adding MBOX files into Outlook without the need for outside assistance is the Softaken MBOX to PST Converter Tool.
How to Transform MBOX to PST?
- Install the Softaken MBOX to PST Converter after downloading it.
- Add the necessary MBOX file to the Outlook PST conversion.
- Select PST from the drop-down selection for the saving file format now.
- Set the folder name and utilize the built-in capabilities.
- To finish the procedure, click the Convert button.
Final Words by Author Pen,
It is evident from the aforementioned article how to Import BlueMail MBOX files into Outlook PST. To do this manually, there is a method, but it has limits. We’ve included an experienced Softaken MBOX to PST Converter for Windows to get rid of this. It can easily complete this conversion procedure.